Re: [nsp] MIBs for AS5300

From: Jim Warner (warner@cats.UCSC.EDU)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 17:23:27 EST

> I'm trying to develop an aplication which can helps
> the Internet Help Desk staff to obtain some
> interesting information regarding the active dial up
> (customer) connections on the AS5300.

I've got a version of a program that I originally
got from Brad Carlson. It's a perl script that gets
lots of info for a caller about his connection. You
can run it in demo mode at:

  http://noc.ucsc.edu/modems/cgi-bin/mstat.pl

It will show you what's possible.
=======
Think carefully about some of the commands you might
let loose. If your 5300 has caller ID, your customers
are expecting you to treat their phone numbers as
confidential information. Some of the "show caller"
displays can expose caller info.

-jim