Re: [nsp] Microflow Policing?

From: Jim Warner (warner@cats.UCSC.EDU)
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 13:18:19 EDT

>I read about Microflow Policing in discussions about traffic management,
>and when I searched CCO, I only found command descriptions. Any
>documentation on how it works, and it is only on the Catalyst?

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/ios127xe/qos.htm

Or, perhaps closer to you "how it works" question, you could look at
the slides from Networkers:

  http://www.cisco.com/networkers/nw00/pres/2808_6-28.pdf

>If I understand it correctly, you can do something like CAR or GTS on a
>per flow basis? This would be great for me if it would run on 72xx...

My understanding is that microflow is something like CAR (not GTS)
and it requires hardware assistance that isn't present on a 72xx.