Re: [nsp] REG: Cisco 7206-VXR

From: Christian Kratzer (ck@toplink.net)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 15:11:45 EDT

Hi,

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Vinod Anthony Joseph Cherunni wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> On a Cisco 7206-VXR router with a PA-MC-8E1/120 (8 Port Multi-channel E1
> card). Is it possible to configure a PRI interface to make an ISDN
> dial-out for dial-backup purposes. If so, also can I fix the timeslots
> numbers for dialing out, so that the remaining timeslots can be fixed for
> leased line access ie multiples of (nx64 Kbps). It would be great if I
> could be given some sample configurations worksheets depicting the same.
>
> Thanks in advance,

Callin and callout should be no problem on a 7206 with any pri capable E1 PA.

I would think you should also succeed in defining a pri group of less
than full 30 channels and have some left for channel groups.

The question will propably be. Will you get your telco to give you a
crippled 20 b channel E1 and 10 timeslots for leased lines.

From my experience with getting telcos to provision "non standard" stuff you
will propably spare you self lots of trouble if you get separate E1's for
isdn pri and leased line access.

Greetings
Christian Kratzer
Toplink