Re: [nsp] [nsp]ATM VC's link states changes

From: chris@obelix.hedonism.cx
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 09:13:24 EDT

Hi,

> As Frame relay and ATM virtual circuits do not exchange keppalives with
> remote routes, when VC's fail the interface still remains active. This is
> causing a problem for me when using HSRP. I need to track the WAN interface
> state to ensure the HSRP session fails over.

With ATM you can cofigure OAM management. The routers exchange
'OAM'-cells and when no cells are received for some time the
circuit's interfaces go down.

interface ATM1/0.1 point-to-point
 pvc test_pvc 1/2
  oam-pvc manage

I had problems with OAM between a MC3810 and a 7500 but it works
fine for me everywhere else.

        Chris

--
Errors have occurred.