Re: [nsp] Max Secondary IPs per interfaces

From: Deitrich Dave-CDD039 (Dave.Deitrich@motorola.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 08:09:39 EDT

I've seen this question asked a couple of times on Cisco's Q&A forum. I
believe the answer is that you can keep adding secondary IPs until you
run out of configuration memory. :-)

--
DAVE DEITRICH
dave.deitrich@motorola.com

-----Original Message----- From: Martin, Christian [mailto:cmartin@gnilink.net] Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 11:00 PM To: 'cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net' Subject: [nsp] Max Secondary IPs per interfaces

Folks,

Does anyone know what the hard limit on secondary IPs are for a cisco router running 12.1.5 DC code on the NRP1/2 platform? Any general numbers for IOS? What is the larfest anyone hs seen? I just added 50 host IPs to a loopback, no problem. Wondering how far I can go.

Regards, chris