Re: [nsp] RR Configuration on MPLS - VPN

From: Zaheer Aziz (zaziz@cisco.com)
Date: Fri May 04 2001 - 14:31:04 EDT

At 01:22 PM 05/04/2001 -0400, Martin Picard wrote:
>Marcio,
>
>Yes you could, but if all RR-Clients connects to both RR then I would
>use the same cluster-id on the RRs.

using the same cluster-ID on both RR has the potential of routing breakdown.

Imagine a client that connects to two RR which has some cluster ID. Client advertise
a prefix to RR1 and RR2. Now link between RR2 and client break or BGP session goes
down. RR1 will advertise that prefix to RR2 but RR2 will reject it because it has a same
cluster-ID in the cluster-Iist. Thus RR2 will have no way to reach prefixes advertise by client

Thanks
Zaheer