Re: [nsp] Redistribution into OSPF

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 16:16:16 EDT

Hi,

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 03:02:54PM -0400, Mehgan Laveck wrote:
> I recently read in IOS Essentials that redistributing connected interfaces
> and static routes into an IGP is not recommended. There are good reasons
> for not doing this, including the fact that OSPF sees these routes as
> type external. My question is, how are people distributing these routes
> to the rest of the network?

We're happily distributing static (into OSPF and EIGRP).

I do not redistribute connected, because the bug list concerning EIGRP
and redistribute connected at the time I designed this was "scary". I
redistribute those by using "network" statement in the "router eigrp"
block.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de