Re: [nsp] [nsp] 7513 halted

From: Siva Valliappan (svalliap@cisco.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 02:06:14 EDT

did you disable console logging prior to enabling debugs? if you have
very chatty debugs you can hang a router if console logging is not
disabled. any data sent to the console is done at interrupt level
with an interrupt for every character. also it is a 9600 baud device.
if you have excess of information to send, the router will turn off
interrupts untill we have processes all the information to send.
in the latest code, we rate limit the amount of messages that can
be queued to the console by default, so you can avoid this. in
older code, you should always disable console logging prior to turning
on chatty debugs.

regards
.siva