[nsp] rate-limit and routing updates

From: Dmitri Kalintsev (dek@hades.uz)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 21:05:21 EDT

Hello guys and gals,

I have rather interesting question. If I have a rate-limit *without* access
list applied to the interface, e.g.

int TypeX/Y/Z
rate-limit input <rate> <burst> etc.

would this statement affect routing updates sent and received via this
interface? Routing protocols of particular interest are OSPF, eBGP, iBGP and
multihop eBGP. Probably IS-IS, too. ;)

Authoritatvive answer is much appreciated. ;)

P.S. "Affect" in my context would be "would this rate-limit statement in any
way interfere with the flow of routing packets, even if they are contribute
to the traffic exceeding <rate> limitation?"

SY,

--
 CCNP, CCDP (R&S)                          Dmitri E. Kalintsev
 CDPlayer@irc               Network Architect @ connect.com.au