RE: SNA question

From: Aaron Monfils (amonfils@thrupoint.net)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 09:27:49 EDT

Felix,

A Catalyst 6509 is just a big fast hub from a L2 perspective. If your
packets are native SNA (that is to say, not encapsulated with RSRB or DLSw),
the switch will bridge the packets just like any other L2 device.
Forwarding decisions will be made based on MAC addresses. The ports in
question will need to participate in the same bridging domain, i.e. VLAN.

/aaron