Re: [nsp] Regular expressions

From: George Robbins (grr@shandakor.tharsis.com)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 09:32:31 EDT

Heh...

There are several things you can never find in the docs at the point
where you need them. The various telnet/console escape characters
tend to be quite elusive, what you can change is a part of the "line"
configuration that's probably better covered where they're talking
about access servers.

BGP regexp is covered in the configuration guide, rather than the
reference manaual.

CLI string search is a 12.0T/11.1CC new-feature that should have
popped into the main-line docs for 12.1.

There's also a new "show ip bgp quote-regex "..." command that
allow using the string search in cojunction with regular expressions
for the as-path, this can be useful for finding items of interest
in the spew, though you run into cases where cisco human-friendly
output formats are less ideal for regex parsing.

Hmmm... I wonder if they fixed the stupid trailing space problem
on "show ip int brief" in 12.2. 8-(

Is there a cisco-docset-librarian certification?

                                                George