Re: [nsp] 7206 NPE 200

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 10:18:10 EDT

Hi,

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 07:43:33AM -0400, KF wrote:
> Is possible to upgrade in 7206 NPE 200 from 128MB ram to 256? I'm absolutely
> confused, 'cos on CCO there is more information, wich says that it should be
> possible. NPE 200 is not more available for ordering since 1Y. Maximum for
> 7206 is NPE 225, wich should be able to carry up to 256MB ram. Should,
> that's it what I think so.....
> In any case, NPE 200 have two banks for totaly 4 SIMMs... SO.. Is possible
> to upgrade it using 4x 64MB SIMM (double bank with or w/o parity) silver to
> 256MB?

As far as I know, the NPE 100, 150 and 200 can only take up to 4x 32Mb
PS/2 SIMMs.

The NPE-225 has one PC100 (?) DIMM which currently supports up to 128Mb,
but Cisco is in the process of certifying 256 Mb DIMMs.

The NPE-300 has two DIMM slots (it has four, but only two are usable
for "general purpose RAM") and can take 2x 128 Mb DIMMs. Dunno whether
the NPE-300 can take a 256 Mb DIMM.

The NPE-400 takes a SO-DIMM (I'm not sure whether those are the same
"SO-DIMM"s that are used in notebooks or not, but that is how it's
called) and can go up to 512 Mb. Unfortunately it has only one slot,
so the 128Mb DIMM goes into the junk bin when upgrading, and there doesn't
seem to be 3rd party DIMMs available yet, at least here in Germany (and
256 Mb Cisco DIMM costs over 2000 US$).

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de