Re: Full BGP and memory

From: Marius Strom (marius@marius.org)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 11:11:40 EDT

Is there a "guideline" baseline for I/O mem usage? I'm noticing we're
not using over 2.5M right now for I/O, but there is 33.5M allocated.
We're not running BGP (yet, but will be early next week) and I'm curious
of the I/O usage will increase with the BGP or if it is strictly a
measure of interface utilization?

It's a 3640, with two quad serial interfaces (5 of which are in use) and
2 FE ports (1 of which is in use). Any info on I/O guidelines would be
/greatly/ appreciated (else I'll just watch and tweak)

--
Marius Strom <marius@marius.org>
Professional Geek/Unix System Administrator

It is a natural law. Physics tells us that for every action, there must be an
equal and opposite reaction. They hate us, we hate them, they hate us back and
so, here we are, victims of mathematics.
-- Londo, "A Voice in the Wilderness I"