RE: [nsp] OSPF not distributing 1 interface

From: Chris Whyte (cwhyte@microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 19:51:09 EDT

Forgive me but I have a large problem with the below statement.
Especially since it's your main point and I, therefore, viewed it as a
major flaw in your entire explanation which made all other statements
null and void in my mind (not that the were *all* independently
inaccurate).

> The larger point is that this command, in some environments,
> does nothing for the backbone except convert type-5 LSAs to
> type-3 LSAs.

I must admit I'm a visual person so maybe I'm missing something but you
chose particular words that do not correspond with my undersanding of
how OSPF works. Can you please explain the above in some more detail?
Maybe that will help me. I'm also curious to see how the existence of a
type-4 summary-lsas never factored into the explanation.

Thanks,

Chris