[nsp] bay - Cisco BGP Route Reflector interoperability

From: Edward S. Desouza (edward_desouza@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 02:39:37 EDT

Hi guys,
 have the following scenario :

                7513 rrclinet
a----------------b-----------------------c
7513 ( rr client) BAY BCN ( rr server
)

The bay has been set as an rr server and 7513's as rr
clients. All BGP sessions come up fine. Now I
advertise a route from one of the clients. The route
appears ion the server .However as soon as the rr
server ( bay ) starts reflecting the rotues to the
other client, the bgp session between the rr client
and the server goes down. the error I get on the cisco
boxes is :

Invalid Attribute 800A00 ( 3 bytes )

The bay box gives me a similar problem : invalid
origin attribute.

Would be obliged if any one of you could suggest a
soln to sort out the problem ( besides replacing the
bay box ;))
Also would be grateful if any of you have deployed bay
as an RR server, if you could send some configs over.

Rgds,
Edward

=====
Edward S. Desouza