Re: [nsp] Application of ACL's, CAR on DPT

From: wdesmedt@pandora.be
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 18:31:52 EDT

inet_eng@yahoo.com wrote:

> Has anyone implemented Turbo ACL's or CAR on an OC-48 DPT interface? Any
> experience, advice, or gotchas from Cisco or "others" on implementing the
> above on a DPT interface would be appreciated. Platform is Cisco 12016 GSR
> with current rev. 12.0(17)S.

No, and i have no plans to do it. OC-48 DPT LC's are engine-2
line-cards. Engine-2 line cards suffer a serious performance degradation
(pps) when you enable acl's or car on them. They're ment to be
interfaces used in the core of your network where you don't apply acl's
or car. You typically do this on at the edge.
Besides, I don't think car is supported on this LC, only PIRC is.

Hope this helps,

walter