[nsp] VOIP: NM-HDV-2E1-60 on a Cisco 3600

From: Jean-Christophe Varaillon (jcv@vbc.net)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 12:07:32 EDT

Hi,

Could you, please, send me an other mailling list address in the case
where this, is a wrong one. Thanks.

I have 3 questions concerning the Signalling, Call Control and
the Connectivity allowed by the NM-HDV-2E1-60 on a Cisco 3600.

I want to carry some voice traffic from/to the Telco from/to the WAN IP.

+------+ +------------------+
| PSTN |--------| Data Kinetics |
+------+ | Switch Converter |
                +------------------+

                 +--------------+
                 | Router (A) |
                 | Cisco 3600 |
                 +--------------+

                 +--------------+
                 | WAN IP |
                 +--------------+

1) Concerning the Signalling supported by the 3600
The DataKinetics switch role is to convert SS7 signalling (e.g. UK ISUP,
NUP...) into Access signalling.

I can choose between 4 differents access signalling:
        * ETSI Euro ISDN (Network Side)
        * ETSI Euro ISDN (User Side)
        * ETSI QSIG
        * DPNSS

Can I configure the Cisco 3600 router (A) with the last IOS and a
NM-HDV-2E1-60 to be able to stand one of this access signalling?

2) Concerning the Call Control support by the 3600
The switch will have to receive messages from the User Part on the SS7
side and from the Q.931 call control module on the access side.

Can I make the Cisco 3600 router (A) with the last IOS and a NM-HDV-2E1-60
able to support Q.931 call control ?

3) Concerning the Connectivity
Voice and Signalling can be connected from the Cisco 3600 router (A) to
the converter using balanced or unbalanced 2048kbit/sec (E1) connection in
accordance with G.703.

Can I materialised this connection between the switch and the Cisco 3600
router (A)(with lastest IOS) via the NM-HDV-2E1-60 ?

Thanks a lot for you support.

Regards,
Christophe