[nsp] Wireless LL and ISDN backup

From: nick@arc.net.my
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 02:29:30 EDT

We have deployed a scenario for wireless local loop ISP access using Cisco Aironet and Breezecom utilizing 2.4Ghz ISM. Since this is an open band, at some locations we are facing problems with interference and are planning to use ISDN backup when the wireless link 'fails' due to interference.

>From the subscriber unit it is an ethernet link to the router and this link is always 'up' despite the wireless link 'failing'. So utilizing the following configuration:

int eth0
backup interface bri0

will not work as to the router the ethernet port is 'up' and hence the whole wireless link. Well unless we manually unplug the ethernet link.

Any ideas on how to solve this to fool the router into bringing up the ISDN backup link?

Thanks in advance.

-nick

mailto:nick@arc.net.my