Re: [nsp] Wireless LL and ISDN backup

From: George Robbins (grr@shandakor.tharsis.com)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 06:41:26 EDT

The backup interface stuff is fairly lame, the various flavors of
dial-on-demand provide more flexibility. Basically you need to
use some kind of active protocol over the ethernet/wireless like
to the other side, such that packets will always flow over the
ethernet if you have working end-to-end connectivity, but if they
iGP withdraws the route, a backup/default route tries to send
packets over the isdn, it takes a deep breath and dials...

Depending on the failure characteristics of the RF link, you may
want to use BGP or something that lets you control how it behaves
in the fact of the RF link "flapping".

                                        George