Re: [nsp] 7206 HSSI interface resets

From: Siva Valliappan (svalliap@cisco.com)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 22:03:35 EDT

there is probably 2 separate issues going on. i saw that the original
post was a router running 11.2. could be a carrier problem, or could
be something else. not enough information to determine what is going on.

in your case, the reason is as follows:

the mueslix code on the PAs were pretty trashed recently during an
optimization / enhancment effort.

CSCdm70067 was designed to enhance the performance of the mueslix PAs,
and caused various issues :(

most of this was backed out via CSCdt10216

which greatly reduces the number of interface resets/carrier transitions
and so forth that occur when doing NVRAM and related commands while
passing heavy traffic over a mueslix based PA (with several other
requirements).

there are

CSCdt69653
CSCdt71082
CSCdt10216
CSCdt39999

tracking the remaining open issues. we hope to have a fix shortly
for this problem, and the above list of DDTSes duped to one common
DDTS for problem resolution.

regards
.siva