Re: path protection in Cisco routers

From: Krishna Doddapaneni (krishnad@greenfieldnetworks.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 10:46:47 EDT

Hi Eric,
Thanks for your reply.
If i configure path protection the way suggested by you.How would the
ingress router or the head node be notified when a failure occurs in the
path? Does it use PathERR message or uses special notifiaction message
as specified by draft-chang-mpls-path-protection(A path/Restoration
Mechanism for MPLS Networks)?
Thanks a lot,
Krishna