Re: [nsp] 1605r question

From: jhs@ueno.egenius.org
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 16:08:19 EDT

> I have acquired a 1605r and put a wic-1t for the edge of my network.
> I've used the 3600's for about 2 years, so I'm not a dummy.
>
> When a CSU/DSU is hooked up when the router boots, the console port is
> unresponsive. When the router boot without CSU/DSU, the console port
> works, even after the CSU/DSU is connected.
>
> LEDs are OK, tried different WIC-1t, V35 cable, CSU/DSU, clearing
> startup-config, all with consistent results :-(
>
> Anyone seen this before? Search engines don't turn up much.
>
> I'm sure this would make a fine low end ethernet-ethernet router, but T1
> would be nice too.
>
> TIA,
> Jason

Jason

In a previous life I came across similar behavior on a 2500 with the RJ-48
console cable and db-9 or db-25 adaptors.

The solution then was to make sure all the signals made it to/from the router
i.e. RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, TXD, RXD and SG.

We had been using only 4 or 6 pin adaptors [forget which] and needed more.

Hope this helps..
-H-

Henry Steuart - mailto:henry@resourcenetworks.com
Resource Networks - http://www.resourcenetworks.com
voice: +1 (703) 863-9433 efax: +1 (781) 634-0386