[nsp] Dial backup for ether interface

From: Krzysztof Adamski (k@adamski.org)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 12:32:58 EDT

Hi All

I'm trying to configure a 2621 to have failover to a analog modem
connection. Here is the setup:

ISP --- DSL modem --- eth0 -- 2621 --- eth1 -- LAN
 | |
 +--- analog modem ---- AUX ---+

Is it possible to make the 2621 call the analog modem when the
connectivity to the ISP fails, the failure modes can be the DSL modem or
the circuit between the ISP and DSL modem fails. I can not depend on the
eth0 link status going down to flip to the modem connection. I can run
OSPF or BGP on the DSL link if needed.

While looking at the Cisco site I have found examples of backup setups,
but they depended on the sync port going down, which is not the case in
this case.

Originally I was planning to do this with the 1605, but it does not have an
AUX port.