Re: [nsp] RCMDDNSFAILED

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 04:37:13 EDT

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 10:22:08AM +0200, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
> check inverse.

Please!!!

[..]
> >DNS servers are exactly as on the other routers standing next to this one,
> >and the other routers do NOT have this problem.

I did include this sentence to avoid getting pointed to the obvious things
numerous times.

This specific client can access all of the routers in this specific LAN
just fine. All routers have the same set of DNS servers (configured
centrally) and the same set of "ip rcmd remote-host" rules (ditto).

The DNS servers are in the same LAN as the routers, so routing issues are
not.

It worked on this specific router just fine with 12.0 - nothing was
changed except upgrading to 12.2T. Others have observed the same
behaviour with 12.2T.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de