Re: [nsp] C800 and tacacs

From: Stefan M. Brandl (smb@r-kom.de)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 03:04:22 EDT

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 11:31:43AM -0500, Young, Jason wrote:

> I stumbled across the exact same problem and asked Cisco about it. Their
> response was TACACS is not present in IP-only images and I would need IP Plus.

?!?!?!
Strange thing, then why are the commands present?!

> At that point, I dropped the issue because the 801 in question didn't have
> sufficient RAM/flash to go there and I couldn't have it upgraded.

Yes, and the other problem is the higher price (at least in Germany) of
the IP-Plus image.

> I told the Cisco rep I thought it was a bug that should be fixed (that the
> options were present but broken), but I don't think it got reported and
> obviously it didn't get fixed if it's in 12.2.1.

No, it still isn't fixed in 12.2.1.
I think they should fix it or remove the commands in the IP-Only image.

Stefan

--
Stefan M. Brandl                                         R-KOM GmbH & Co. KG
E-Mail: smb@r-kom.de                                     Greflingerstr. 26