Re: [nsp] T1s stop working after IOS upgrade...

From: Mark E. Mallett (mem@mv.mv.com)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 07:02:10 EDT

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 04:34:38PM -0400, George Robbins wrote:
> If aaa "network" auth is getting invoked, it will apply to ppp connections
> be they leased line or dialup, and you'll get a negotiation failure, it's
> looking to use a password!
>
> This tends to cactch people trying the use the serial ports on AS5200's
> or playing with ISDN backup on a router that already has ppp stuff.

Thanks George, these seem to me to be very good clues.

Unfortunately, after another 8-hour debugging session, I can't
seem to find a way to translate these clues to a router configuration.

It is amazing to me that a simple PPP configuration of a T1 port that
works on one IOS rev and every IOS rev that I've used since, oh, 1993,
does not work on the next, with absolutely no clue as to why not.

Anybody?

mm