Re: [nsp] T1s stop working after IOS upgrade...

From: Mark E. Mallett (mem@mv.mv.com)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 08:08:33 EDT

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 03:18:02PM +0400, Basil Dolmatov wrote:

> A lot of defaults have changed, a lot of new features were introduced, every
> with
> its own defaults....
>
> Try this:
>

> aaa authorization network default group tacacs+
> aaa authorization network noauth none
> interface Serial2:30
> encapsulation ppp
> ppp authorization noauth
>

> An exempt from live config

Thank you Basil. I understand what you are saying.

I have now tried this. When I apply this sort of configuration, I find:

 - the Serial interface comes up. (yay!)
 - I can ping the neighbor address from my router.
 - the BGP session with the neighbor does NOT come up. (boo)
   (even though I can ping the neighbor address)
 - the router STILL grabs a virtual interface from the vpdn config.
   (i have no idea why, but I think this is a major problem).
 - The BGP session with the peer does not get established, despite the
   fact that the router can ping the peer address.
 - The peer address is not propagated outside the router.

It appears to me that cisco has severly f***ed up the PPP encapsulation
on T1 serial interfaces, possibly as part of integrating PPP with
dialup networking.

Either that or they have severely f***ed up the documentation associated
with such interfaces.

I do not rule out the possibily that my brain cells have been
f***ed up :-)

-mm- (asterisks R us)