[nsp] AS5300 - work-around required for telco busy-out signal

From: Dave VanAuken (dave@hawk-systems.com)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 09:17:05 EDT

Cisco AS5300, 12.1

Situation is this... We utilize the T1 ports for incoming calls only (no
outgoing) and get a discount rate from telco accordingly (ISP service).

Telco provisions the T1 with normal 2 way calling, but then sends a busy out
down the pipe to tell our equipment not to make outgoing calls(essentially).
The as5300 is responding by busying out the B-channels, and as such isn't
receiving calls.

Currently have a script running that accesses the server, checks if all ports on
a particular T1 are busied out, and then resets them manually. This is done
every 60 seconds.

Once we unbusy the ports, everything operates as expected untill the next reset,
or T1 cycle(down up) where they again busy out.

Is there a workaround in the IOS software to essentially ignore this busy out
signal?

More information available as needed, let me know what you need.

Dave