Re: PBR

From: Scott Whyte (swhyte@cisco.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 01:04:52 EDT

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001, Fillet Platoon wrote:

> hello guys,
>
> my goal is to load balanced my point-to-point
> links that have 8 parallel serial connection, so i
> used EIGRP as my routing protocol and i used MHSRP
> along with PBR on some of my selective source address.
> Is there a routing protocol that intelligent enough to
> detect that my Serial 0 connection is congested and i
> will automatically redirect it to serial 1 or Serial 2
> that is not congested? If not is there a way to solve
> it? Is there a features in Cisco IOS that
> automatically detect that the link is congested and
> automatically redirect it to another link that is not
> congested?

Fillet,

The original ARPANET routing protocol advertised delay characteristics
dynamically. This lead to route oscillation and the network falling over.
EIGRP will also let you do this, but you are on your own if you muck with
the K values.

Try having a look at 12.0(12)S or later, I believe the maximum-paths was
increased to 8 there.

-Scott