Re: [nsp] OSPF on secondary IP address

From: Ryan O'Connell (ryan@complicity.co.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 07:11:51 EDT

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 06:59:27PM +0800, Nick wrote:
> Can OSPF establish as neighbors on secondary addresses? Do not have any luck
> unless the OSPF network interface is primary. Any ideas why and how do we go
> around this? ROUTERA is connected to a wireless bridge which is serving
> multiple sites - hence the ISL.

No, OSPF won't establish adjencies on secondary addresses. It will only view
these as stub networks and then only if the primary address is running OSPF.
(I.e. if the primary address is listed in a network statement)

--
Ryan O'Connell - <ryan@complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines, I'm just learning new things with the passage of time