RE: PBR

From: jlewis@lewis.org
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 21:40:04 EDT

> >The simple answer is "no", but you have other options.
> >
> >Cisco's load balancing is not intelligent, and is not balancing. It is
> >a fixed hash over the given number of links that cause a given flow to
> >always use the same link out of a given router. There is no feedback
> >mechanism. Thus you can have very clumpy traffic (especially on slower
> >speed links).

Speaking of IOS and load balancing, is there a reason I can't have a point
to point T1 and a frame relay T1 between a 7500 and a 2600 and have the
7500 load share across the 2 pipes using CEF and load-sharing per-packet
(or even with no ip route-cache) on both interfaces? They have the same
BW value and what appear to be equal cost static routes pointing at the
other end of each pipe, but the 7500 only sends traffic across the PTP T1.
Both circuits are on a MC-T3 card. The PTP is using HDLC.

The 7500 is RSP4/VIP2-50/rsp-k3pv-mz.120-11.S3.bin

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |