Re: [nsp] TCP connections randomly reset

From: Blaz Zupan (blaz@gold.amis.net)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 00:53:17 EDT

> I don't want to appear offensive, but you need to read a bit more about
> TCP/IP and how it works before implementing such drastic measures as
> dropping all packets with RST bit raised. ;) You've just broken TCP
> mechanism for closing down connections, no matter legitimate or not.

I know exactly what I've done - but this does not seem to harm any
connections. Admitadely, they probably take much longer to shut down, because
they are not shut down nicely but with a timeout, but now my network is at
least reachable. I have not noticed any side effects due to this access list.
Do you want to suggest I take down this access list and just wait until all my
customers leave? :(

Blaz Zupan, Medinet d.o.o, Trzaska 85, SI-2000 Maribor, Slovenia
E-mail: blaz@amis.net, Tel: +386-2-320-6320, Fax: +386-2-320-6325