[nsp] Arp problem

From: Tejal (tejal@worldgatein.net)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 07:10:39 EDT

Dear Friends,

       On my cisco 2621 router i m getting so many invalid ARP entry
of the IP address which doesnot exist on internet or in my lan.I
m monitoring my router with mrtg but the reading of
serial and ethernet port are totally diffrent. I m getting so much traffic
on my
serial port and usual traffic on my ethernet port. I m getting this problem
from last 2 days so that my all bandwidth get utilised evenif there is no
activity from
my ethernet port to serial port.the subnet mask of my eth port is /25. i m
getting
arp entry of all of my 512 IP in show arp command.even if only 15 of them
are avilable on
lan .

so much confused.

Thanks in advance