[nsp] RSP4 and RSP8 together?

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 11:36:26 EDT

Hi,

we're currently using a 7507 with an RSP4+RSP2 combo (RSP4 active, RSP2
as fallback in case the RSP4 breaks). Works well.

Now we're upgrading memory, and the RSP2 is maxed out with 128Mb - so
we're considering installing an RSP8 instead of the RSP2, to get a
RSP8+RSP4 combo.

>From what I read on cco, this seems to be an unsupported combination, but
it's never explicitely listed - the docs say "RSP8+RSP2 does not work",
and they say "RSP8+RSP8 works, RSP4+RSP4 works", but nothing explictely
about "RSP4+RSP8".

Can someone shed light on it? Is it supported? "Might" it work? Is it a
no-go?

regards,

Gert Doering

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/