[nsp] Fun with Counter64 and ATM subifs?

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 16:39:56 EDT

Hi,

today I ran into an interesting issue with ATM and 64bit SNMP counters
(reworking our interface accounting stuff).

If I do a "clear int ATM2/0" on this 7206, running c7200-p-mz.121-9.bin,
the "counter64" interface counters of all subinterfaces are reset to 0.

AFAIR, this violates the SNMP standard (counters must never be reset
unless the box is rebooted) - and it doesn't happen for counter32s.

Does anybody know whether this is an already-known bug, and if yes, which
version it's fixed int?

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de