Re: [nsp] error on adding static

From: Andrey Kostin (ankost@east.ru)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 04:23:49 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Sprickman" <spork@inch.com>
To: "George Robbins" <grr@shandakor.tharsis.com>
Cc: <cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2001 02:34
Subject: Re: [nsp] error on adding static

> On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, George Robbins wrote:
>
> > maybe "show ip int" would reveal something? Also double-check with
> > a show ip route for each of the /32's in question...
>
> I got the far end pingable by removing then re-adding "ip verify unicast
> reverse-path", but I still got the error about the invalid next hop
> address...
>
> Entering the same route with the interface specified as s5/1/11:0 seems to
> work. I guess I'll just leave it as is and chalk it up as a bug.

I saw the side effect with having two static routes pointing to same
interface. In my case, this interface was unnumbered hdlc link to customer,
and this routes were for peer address and for subnet beyond client's router.
My router runs eigrp, and redistributes connected and static. It
redistributes this two routes into eigrp as connected, because they both
points to interface, and only one has appeared in eigrp topology table, as I
guess because interface the same. Then I made recursive static route to peer
address, both routes have appeared in eigrp topology.
This is not exactly this case, but only for notice.

Andrey Kostin ankost@office.east.ru +7-095-956-4951 ANKOST-RIPN
East Connection ISP, Moscow, Russia. http://www.east.ru/