NBAR and performance

From: Andrew Dorsett (zerocool@netpath.net)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 16:40:13 EDT

Hey, I'm looking at the NBAR solution for stopping Code Red and actually
do traffic filtering. I know this is a performance hit, but exactly how
hard and what are the limits? Can it take up to a T3 of data, or
more? Amazing that this hasn't been used on the edge right before
customer machines to temporarly let the worm die off. I know everyone is
worried about performance, but what exactly is the packet delay?

Thanks,
Andrew
---
<zerocool@netpath.net>
http://www.andrewsworld.net/
ICQ: 2895251
Cisco Certified Network Associate
Development Assistant: Netpath/Stratonet, Inc.
                       (http://www.netpath.net/)
                       Email: dorsett@netpath.net

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself."