[nsp] Re[2]: [nsp] CRC errors on trunks

From: Arvids (arvids@parks.lv)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 07:24:56 EDT

Monday, August 20, 2001, 03:04:41, Dmitri wrote:
Dmitri Kalintsev> Aren't frames which don't have VLAN header treated as "belonging to the
Dmitri Kalintsev> native VLAN" by default? Or am I still asleep?

Exactly, these CRC errors appears only with ISL encapsulation, where is no
"native" VLAN.
I am running ISL trunk between Catalyst 2912XL and 7200 with PA-2FE-TX.
I also experienced CRC errors on 2912XL, but after disabling keepalives, they
went away. But I have another kind of errors with ISL trunk - a lot of deferred
packets on 7200 router. I assume that it is related somehow to trunking, because
without trunking the same link works without any errors.

Regards, Arvids