RE: [nsp] Including an access-list into another access-list...

From: George Robbins (grr@shandakor.tharsis.com)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 15:42:14 EDT

I'm just suggesting that that there are several options that are
missing from the current set of include, exclude, and begin options,
which I'd have found convenient from time to time, in terms of
reducing typing and errors...

the "| begin" doesn't work all that well to "find things" in the
config, becuase what you're interested in is often the line(s) preceeding
the match, for instance finding the interface with a partiuclar description.

what "| end" would do is stop (or drop to the paging prompt) after displaying
the line in question, the context would then be one your screen.

the "| count" could give you a count of lines matching the regex, this has
some utility for counting routes or other object of interest.

These two are fairly trivial, the other one with redirecting output into
the history buffer is more radical, but more fun.

Some once suggested that I had a problem with feature creep.

                                                George