RE: [nsp] RES: [nsp] RES: [nsp] Load balancing

From: Kinczli Zoltán (Zoltan.Kinczli@Synergon.hu)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 05:31:34 EDT

As per
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/
switch_c/xcprt2/xcdcefc.htm#xtocid278863

Configuring Load Balancing for CEF

CEF load balancing is based on a combination of source and destination
packet information; it allows you to optimize resources by distributing
traffic over multiple paths for transferring data to a destination. You
can configure load balancing on a per-destination or per-packet basis.
Load-balancing decisions are made on the outbound interface. When you
configure load balancing, configure it on outbound interfaces.

It explains Gert's point.

regards,
  --zoltan