Re: [nsp] Assigning netmask/prefix on my dialup ip pool

From: Fernando Bitti Loureiro (fbitti@redback.com)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 08:25:06 EDT

Reynald,

Normally it's created a /24 for the pool and a /32 for each connected
subscriber.

Do the following: create a loopback interface with the first valid IP
address of the range. The create the pool without this IP address. An
example (please check the exact syntax in the documentation).

int virtual-template 1
  ip unnumb (any interface: eth 0, or loop 1, or any other)
  encap ppp
  ip pool peer name pool1
!
int loopback 1
  ip add 10.1.0.1 255.255.0.0
!
ip local pool name pool1 10.1.0.2 10.1.255.254

Enable this loopback interface inside your routing protocol and you'll be
able to propagate the "/anything" prefix inside your network (use filters
or disable the virtual-template interface inside the routing protocol to
not distribute the /32 prefixes of the connected subscribers, only the
loopback).

Please let me know if that's what you needed. Rgds,

Fernando