Re: Problems DNS Server Load-Balanced on a Css 11800

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 12:05:38 EDT

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 12:36:41PM -0300, Sebastian Hernandez wrote:
> I am proving balance of load of DNS servers on a CSS 11800. I could
> notice that it has enough performance problems. In order to make these
> tests I am using a program that is in the Bind beta version 9.2.0rc.
> The virtual IP has 2 server. Proving with the virtual IP querys per
> second responds approximately 1000 . If I use it each server as layer
> two querys responds 1000 which indict 2000. Therefore two server aiming
> at the virtual IP respond just like each one separately. Somebody knows
> as I can increase the performance to improve the answer of the server
> when balancing?

Sounds like you're doing "client performance testing" right now.

Make sure this "1000" figure is not the maximum the *client* can handle -
in which case the measurements would always be the same (1000) and pretty
meaningless.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de