Re: [nsp] OSPF to customers

From: Ryan O'Connell (ryan@complicity.co.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 05:33:48 EST

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 08:37:14PM -0500, Lee Waskevich wrote:
> Just curious if anyone out there as a service provider is running OSPF with
> Customer routers who have multiple connections to the same provider, but
> these connections are such (over multiple mediums) that a weighted static
> route will not work. Since the protocol has to die for the other route to
> pick up. Pleae let me know any examples (Areas used--stub or such) and/or
> concerns, warnings. Thanks

We've done similar to customer firewalls and we've found that screwups
on the customer end (Usually buggy software) can take down the whole OSPF AS,
so we won't do it any more.

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan@complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines, I'm just learning new things with the passage of time