Re: [nsp] remote login!

From: Ryan O'Connell (ryan@complicity.co.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 17:31:02 EST

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 04:10:50PM -0600, Mehta, Phoram wrote:
> I am trying to test my PC(modem) - to -- aux connection on a 2500. I have
> configured the router for modem inout connections on aux post and
> everything's fine. I can even call in to that router on another phone line
> through a modem. Now heres where I m stuck: Authentication.
>
> I tried creating new users with respective passwords to login in to the
> router, failed
> Tried putting a login password for line 1(aux port) - and entering using
> users declared and 'en' - failed.

I'm not sure what you mean by failed - did you put "login local" on the
appropraite lines? Without that you won't be prompted for a password.

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan@complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines, I'm just learning new things with the passage of time