Re: Smartnet and used equipment

From: Bruce Robertson (bruce@greatbasin.net)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 19:50:21 EST

> My cisco rep is telling me that smartnet contracts will not be honored
> on used cisco gear

This is bogus. I've *never* been asked when or where I purchased a device
covered by a SmartNet contract. I've purchased them on brand new and used
equipment, and on equipment I've owned for a period of time that had no
contract previously.

All that happens when you order a contract is you get an overpackaged folder
that contains a magic number. You just enter the magic number on the
Cisco web site, along with the serial number of the device being covered.
There are no questions regarding the method of purchase.

--
Bruce Robertson, President/CEO				     +1-775-348-7299
Great Basin Internet Services, Inc.			fax: +1-775-348-9412