Re: [nsp] A newbie question about MPLS

From: Giles Heron (giles@packetexchange.net)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 13:35:34 EST

Eduardo Pannunzio wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to make a MPLS lab experience with 2 routers PEs (7513)and 4 CEs (2514) but I believe is not possible to simulate a MPLS-VPN behavior without others routers like P (providers)between the PEs because a Penultime-Hop-popping . Am I correct?

no - it is perfectly possible to have an MPLS VPN with no P devices
(i.e. the PE routers are adjacent.)

> Which is the IOS command that could change the rule (if exist)?

I'm not sure you can control this in IOS?

but in any case it doesn't really matter. MPLS VPN will still work, but
the routers will never actually impose a tunnel label.

Giles

> Thanks in advanced
> Eduardo Pannunzio
> --
>
> Eduardo Pannunzio
> CCNA R&S / WS

> http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
>
> 1 cent a minute calls anywhere in the U.S.!
>
> http://www.getpennytalk.com/cgi-bin/adforward.cgi?p_key=RG9853KJ&url=http://www.getpennytalk.com

Giles Heron    Principal Network Architect    PacketExchange Ltd.
ph: +44 7880 506185              "if you build it they will yawn"