Re: Purchasing used Cisco Equipment

From: Eric L. Howard (elh@outreachnetworks.com)
Date: Wed Dec 05 2001 - 19:04:14 EST

At a certain time, now past, Dave Spencer spake thusly:
> On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 12:22:39PM -0500, Vinny India wrote:
> > Has anyone been through the exercise of purchasing used cisco equipment
> > from a bankrupt company at auction. If so what is the process. How
> > difficult is it to get License and Maintenance agreements for this
> > equipment. My cisco rep mentioned some kind of re-certification process
> > before being able to get license and Maintenance contracts. If anyone has
> > been through this before, I would be interested in what obstacles you have
> > ran into.
>
> Yep, we've been through this recently. It's fairly painless as long as
> you're willing to:
>
> (1) Pay the price for the maintenance contract in question
> (2) Pay the price for IOS licence for the box
> (3) Pay about a few $thousand for an on-site, service-affecting inspection
> and certification of the box - Global Service will have a service
> technician visit the site in question (yours or wherever you may have
> installed the box) and make sure it works. As part of that inspection
> they'll want to have enable access, and will want to reboot it.
>
> -Dave

How bout I ship it to them....let them put it on their bench and check it
out?

If I haven't deployed it yet is this an option?...anyone know? We'll be
going through this very shortly...

       ~elh

--
Eric L. Howard           e l h @ o u t r e a c h n e t w o r k s . c o m