[nsp] Tunneling options

From: Benjie Ko (gerwalk1@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 03:28:00 EST

Hello,

I have a flat OSPF area on my network. One of our
remote sites will be connected through another
wireless provider.

main siteA<-> wireless provider<-->Bremote site
                    network

The wireless link is not a direct link from main site
and remote site but would pass through a routed
network (the wireless provider's network).
Our wireless provider will provide ip addresses on
both enpoints (A &B) of our network
I would want to run OSPF between the main site and the
remote site. The only solution I can think of right
now is to put up a GRE tunneling between the two
sites.
What are the drawbacks in doing this? Are there any
other alternatives?

Thanks.

Benjie