[nsp] cat 6500 Native IOS recommendations?

From: Steve Francis (steve@expertcity.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 16:15:27 EST

I'm about to deploy a couple of 6509's with MSFC2 for the first time.

It looks like Native IOS is the way to go - needed for fabric switching
modules (not that I'm running any yet), and the layer 2 stuff that is
not present in that that CatOS supports is nothing I want, and is all
planned for future IOS support. SO it seems native IOS is the direction
cisco is taking.

So, is the latest 12.1.E release the best image to run (currently
12.1.8bE7 seems the latest available from CCO)?

TIA