[nsp] Bandwidth management capability on a layer-2 switch

From: Elijah Kagan (elijah@netvision.net.il)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 09:34:27 EST

I am looking for a simple layer-2 ethernet switch that is capable of doing
per-port bandwidth management in both direction. That is I'd like to be
able to configure something similar to this:

 conf t
  interface FastEthernet 0/15
   rate-limit input 256000
   rate-limit output 512000
 end

Has any one heard of such a wonderful product?

I am aware of Cat2948G-L3 but it is not really a switch. It is missing
some critical features like root-guard, uplink-fast, vtp, etc. And its
vlan management is really cumbersome.

Is Catalyst 3550 any better? What about Extreme Summit series?

Thanks,

Elijah